Date: Monday, 3/26 9:15 am - 12:15 pm
Instructor: Jim Boling
NOTE: This is a REQUIREMENT for Wilderness Remote First Aid. This course includes online coursework and a session on Monday, 3/26 during the PTBA Conference. If you want Wilderness Remote First Aid Certification, you must take this course or provide proof to the instructor.
CPR-AED presents critical life-saving skills which enable the recognition and appropriate response to cardiac and breathing emergencies in adults.
1) Recognize cardiac and breathing emergencies
2) Provide care for cardiac and breathing emergencies in an adult
3) Perform Rescue Breathing and Chest Compressions (CPR) on an adult
4) Use an AED to treat cardiac arrest in an adult 5) Use Abdominal Thrusts / Back Blows to clear the airway of an adult
* One-Quarter day * Blended learning / Requirement for Wilderness and Remote First Aid workshop
* 1 hour on-line learning (pre-conference)
* 3 Hours hands-on skill sessions -- Classroom
Contact Workshop Instructor Jim Boling with questions regarding this requirement