Northwest Trails Inc.
705 Chuckanut Drive North (Zip 98226)
PO Box 4323
Bellingham, Washington 98227
Northwest Trails Inc. (NTI) is a multidisciplinary planning, design and construction company. Since our founding in 1972, we have completed over 200 projects ranging in size from $1,000 to $1,000,000. Our areas of service include the following:
- Wildland Recreational Trails and Interpretive Paths
- Urban and County Trails, Parks and Bikeways (Recreation and Nonmotorized Transportation)
- Habitat Restoration, Enhancement and Interpretation
We are proud of the strong performance record that we have developed in all three areas, and encourage you to contact us for a list of references.
We’ve been involved in all phases of project development including:
- Planning, Feasibility and Cost Studies, including contributions to Master Planning, Conceptual Designs and Right of Way acquisition as well as development of maintenance and management plans.
- Final Design, Field Surveys and Contract Preparation, including design documents for everything from standard trail layout to complex trail bridges and other related structures.
- Construction Management, managing project, representing project owners during the construction phase.
- Construction. NTI has constructed a variety of trails, from remote Wilderness Area trails and bridges to urban bicycle paths. We have built numerous stone, log and timber structures and over 100 trail bridges. We own all tools and equipment necessary to perform most trail and trail bridge construction jobs including a custom-built trail cat/excavator for narrower trail, a compact excavator and a rubber-tracked crawler loader/dozer for wider trail. Additionally we own two compact loaders and a variety of specialized and often custom-built or modified support equipment for working on trail projects. NTI has developed an extensive performance record in using low impact construction techniques and integrating habitat enhancement features into construction in sensitive areas.
NTI has broad experience in Design-Build project organization including drafting over 50 design-build contracts. For a unique and specialized discipline such as trails, we believe that contracting with one firm for the entire design-build process gives the project owner a superior facility at a substantial savings. By coordinating the entire process through one integrated project team, all efforts can be focused on successful project completion, design errors are caught before construction begins and contract conflicts are minimized.
Your consideration of the use of our services is appreciated. If you need further information, please don't hesitate to call.