Contact Name: Hannah Jo King
Company/Organization/Agency: The Student Conservation Association
Address: 1230 Preservation Park Way, Oakland, CA 94612 USA
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (510) 832-1966
Job Title: SCA Stewards of the Future Crew Leader
Job Description: Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire local high-school-age students for the Stewards of the Future program at the Frederick Law Olmstead National Historic Site in Brookline, MA.
Stewards of the Future are bridges between the National Park Service and the youth community. They develop teen-relevant experiences that preserve the cultural and historical message of our National Parks. In addition, we strive to create an engaging summer experience that promotes personal intellectual growth and professional team development.
Leader will manage members as they engage in tasks including:
• Interact professionally with diverse National Park Service visitors in person and on the phone
• Support current programming such as family days, open houses, and public outreach
• Staff visitor center, which includes managing a cash register and maintaining sales area
• Provide basic site information
• Actively participate in a team project
• Operate digital equipment, including cameras, tablets, and computers
Frederick Law Olmsted is recognized as the founder of the profession of American landscape architecture and the country's foremost parkmaker. Moving to Brookline, a community just outside of Boston, Olmsted established the world's first full-scale landscape architecture office at his estate, he called "Fairsted". From here, Olmsted, his sons, and their associates, designed thousands of landscapes across North America. The Historic Site is open to visitors April through December, and offers Ranger-led Programs year-round.
Program Dates: 5/7 to 12/7/2018, with some flexibility.
Training Dates: 6/4-9/2018 (occurs during program dates, but will require travel)
• Act as a Crew Manager guiding crew dynamics and facilitating teamwork
• Function as a Technical Advisor assisting in training members to complete quality work
• Serve as a Partnership Representative, working closely with agency partner and ensuring successful and timely completion of work projects
• Perform tasks as a Program Administrator by communicating with SCA and NPS staff, completing documentation and managing a budget
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
• Must have ability to legally work in the US
• Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
• Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
• Must be able to attend mandatory Crew Leader training: (occurs during program dates, but will require travel)
• Current First Aid certification & CPR required by the start of the training
• Experience working with youth (ages 15-18)
• Teaching in an educational setting a plus
• Experience with environmental education, hiking and camping is a plus.
• Ability to perform occasional manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
• No housing is provided for this position, candidates must have local housing.
Compensation: $600/week total salary
Job Start Date: 5/7/2018
Application Deadline: 4/30/2018
Additional Information: To Apply: Visit us at www.theSCA.org and click "Apply" to create a profile, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume & 3 references. Once your application is complete, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
View Position: https://www.thesca.org/stewards-future-crew-leader
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)