Contact Name: Alyx Ruzevich
Company/Organization/Agency: The Student Conservation Association
Address: 1230 Preservation Park Way, Oakland, CA 94612 United States
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (510) 832-1966
Job Title: SCA GulfCorps Conservation Crew Leader
Job Description: Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire young adults for our GulfCorps program.
Program Dates: September 2019 – June 2020 (tentative)
Training Dates: September 2019
Location: Mobile, AL
As Crew Leader, you will be working with a co-lead to guide and inspire a team of eight young adults from the Mobile, AL area. The crew will be working on projects such as invasive species removal, habitat restoration, and boardwalk and trail work in various sites along coastal Alabama. Project monitoring and data collection will also be required throughout the season.
Specifically, the Crew Leader will:
• Act as a Crew Leader, working with another leader to guide crew dynamics and facilitate teamwork for a team of eight young adults (18+);
• Function as a Technical Advisor assisting in training crew members to complete quality work in a timely manner;
• Serve as a Partnership Representative managing relationships with agency partner to organize tasks and ensure successful completion of work projects; and
• Perform tasks as a Program Administrator by communicating with SCA program manager, completing SCA and grant documentation and requirements, and managing a budget.
Preference will be given to applicants that have:
• Experience managing teams of at-risk youth or young adults [18+] in an outdoor setting;
• Strong conservation work skills or related skills, specifically trail maintenance and construction, chainsaw, carpentry, data collection, and environmental monitoring;
• Experience working independently and in a team setting to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner; and
• Effective communication and conﬂict resolution skills and/or training.
• Be a minimum of 21 years of age;
• Have ability to legally work in the US;
• Have a valid driver’s license for 3+ years and MVR that meets SCA standards required;
• Have the ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements, and occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more;
• Meet SCA’s criminal background check standards;
• Attend mandatory Crew Leader training: Sept 2019 (dates TBD); and
• Have personal housing arrangements in the program area.
Compensation: $650/week total salary; benefits eligible (health, dental, vision, retirement, PTO, paid holidays).
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org
Job Start Date: 9/9/2019
Application Deadline: 8/12/2019
Additional Information: To Apply: Visit http://thesca.force.com/members to create a profile, complete the basic application and then select Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume, and two (2) references. Once your application is complete, you MUST email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application. This is the only way to alert us that your application was submitted. SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity. For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)