Contact Name: Andrew Hamlin
Company/Organization/Agency: Adirondack Mountain Club
Address: 1002 Adirondack Loj Rd, Lake Placid, NY 12946 US
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (518) 523-3480
Job Title: Professional trail crew
Job Description: JOB DESCRIPTION:
The professional trail crewmember is a paid seasonal employee of the Adirondack Mountain Club Trails Program, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation’s principle partner in the maintenance and reconstruction of backcountry facilities on Forest Preserve lands within the Adirondack and Catskill Parks. ADK’s professional trail crews are renowned for their quality workmanship. The work is designed to protect the natural resource rather than provide for user convenience.
• Learn the intricacies of trail maintenance, while maintaining the highest quality work at all times.
• Share in the packing of group camping gear, tools and food, along with personal gear to the various project sites.
• Assist in food preparation and clean-up at project sites and trails cabin facility.
• Maintain trail tools, equipment and trail cabin facility to the highest standard.
• Work individually, and as a coordinated crew, to complete assigned projects.
• Supplemental duties/responsibilities to support other club operations/ functions as requested.
• Experience with “trail” tools and trail reconstruction/maintenance techniques and/or the desire to learn the intricacies of trail maintenance while taking on physically and mentally challenging situations. Desire to work in the out-of-doors in extreme conditions, to include but not limited to rain, snow, sleet, gales, hot and cold temperatures, bugs and lots of mud!
• Experience in low-impact camping and backpacking.
• Capable of carrying tools and supplies long distances.
• Ability to work as an individual on solo projects, and as a team member on a 4-6-person crew.
Job Start Date: 5/18/2018
Application Deadline: 2/28/2018
Additional Information: CLASSIFICATION AND WORK SCHEDULE:
• Non-Exempt classification
• Full-time, 44 hours per week, seasonal.
• Schedule: Friday-Wednesday morning on
Wednesday afternoon and Thursday off
•Working with the crew leader and crew to learn the varied trail maintenance techniques to include drainage, rock and wood skills.
• Responsible for the daily and weekly maintenance of tools, equipment and trails cabin facility.
• Assist in preparation of food and clean-up for the crew at the project site and trails cabin facility.
Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)