Contact Name: Peter Helmuth
Company/Organization/Agency: AloTerra Ecological Restoration, LLC.
Address: PO BOX 212, Fort Collins, CO 80522 USA
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Restoration Projects Foreman
Job Description: POSITION OVERVIEW
AloTerra Restoration Services, LLC (AloTerra) is seeking a seasonal Restoration Projects Foreman (and Crew Leader responsibilities as needed) to provide project and crew supervision, technical interpretation of design plans, and other field and office duties for a wide range of ecological restoration projects (i.e., river and riparian restoration, wetland mitigation, upland restoration, erosion control) for Federal, State, local, and private clients. Working among and leading a diverse range of staff, the foreman must excel in communicating with engineers, regulatory agencies, landscape architects, biologists, public clients (i.e., coalitions and land management agencies), and private land owners. Ecological restoration is multi-disciplinary, attracting a successful candidate from a variety of backgrounds as long as the applicants understanding of restoration ecology is strong.
1. Crew Supervision, including technical oversight, scheduling, ensuring high production and high
quality of output to meet expectations: 60%
2. Satisfying pre-project and post-project needs, such as pre-project site walks, scheduling crews, organizing
tools and other materials, sourcing restoration materials, safety meetings, reviewing and comprehending
complex restoration plans (i.e., plan sets/sheet sets/drawings), completing quality assurance and quality
control (and similar) reports daily, ensuring adherence to AloTerra safety protocols and other internal
protocols to ensure a positive and rewarding environment for all field staff: 20%
3. GIS, data management, literature review, report writing, and other project support services:10%
4. Marketing and client relations:5%
5. Organizational development (i.e., improving systems), staff/intern management, and enhancement of
technical resources (i.e., technical notes and design specifications): 10%
The following qualifications should be clearly highlighted in your resume.
• Min. 5 years of experience in ecological restoration, landscaping, engineering, or a relatedfield;
• Demonstrated ability to provide highly effective and professional communication to a broad range of
professionals, both in writing and verbally;
• Proven ability to work with grace and professionalism under high stress situations;
• Min. 3 years of experience leading crews and/or implementing restoration or similar projects with a high
level of responsibility;
• Positive attitude under difficult situations;
• Strong desire and ability to perform physically demanding work in an outdoor setting, as an AloTerra
foreman is expected to work as hard as the crew they are supervising;
• Highly proficient with computers, basic office related software (MS office, spreadsheets, word processing, etc.), and some advanced software (GIS, Databases, and similar);
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work very well as part of a team;
• Thorough understanding and ability to work equally effectively with local coalitions, land management
agencies, private land owners, ranchers, and vendors;
• On the ground experience implementing conservation, restoration, or other natural resourceprojects;
• Strong work ethic, energetic, flexible, professional, andself-directed;
• Strong conservation values; and
• Desire to work for a small and growing firm based in Fort Collins, Colorado.
• B.S. degree in natural resources, ecology, botany, civil engineering, landscape architecture, or similar field;
• Eight years of experience in implementing ecological restoration, landscaping, or similar projects;
• Experience working with consulting or non-profit organizations
Job Start Date: 8/1/2018
Application Deadline: 7/31/2018
Additional Information: http://www.aloterraservices.com/about-aloterra/careers/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AloTerra Restoration Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and protects applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, creed, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or national origin. Religious discrimination includes failing to reasonably accommodate an employee’s religious practices where the accommodation does not impose undue hardship.
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)