Contact Name: John Giordanengo
Company/Organization/Agency: AloTerra Restoration Services
Address: 320 E. Vine Drive, Suite 213, Fort Collins, Colorado 80524 USA
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: () -
Job Title: Restoration Ecologist
Job Description: Job Announcement
Company: AloTerra Restoration Services, LLC
Position: Restoration Ecologist
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Duration: Full-time Fixed Term
Employment Period: Nov 15, 2016 – Dec 31, 2017
Compensation: $46,000 to $67,000, Depending on Experience. Benefits negotiable.
Application Deadline: October 15, or until filled
Please send a cover letter, resume/CV, salary history, and three references via email to: John Giordanengo, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
AloTerra Restoration Services, LLC (AloTerra) is seeking a full-time Restoration Ecologist to provide project management and ecological restoration design services for a wide range of projects (i.e., river restoration, riparian restoration, wetland mitigation, erosion control) for a diverse range of Federal, State, and local clients. Working among and leading a diverse range of team members, for projects ranging from $50,000 to $500,000 in value, the Restoration Ecologist must excel in working with engineers, regulatory agencies, landscape architects, biologists, public clients (i.e., coalitions and land management agencies), and private clients. Ecological restoration is by its nature multi-disciplinary, attracting a successful candidate from a variety of backgrounds, as long as their understanding of restoration ecology is thorough.
Founded in 2014, AloTerra has quickly built a strong reputation for ecological restoration design and design-build services across the Front Range of Colorado. AloTerra pursues projects and clients based on the potential to improve ecological function of highly disturbed systems. With this fundamental precept in mind, and stemming from our mission to create ecological restoration solutions that maintain biologically diverse and highly functioning landscapes within the context of community needs, AloTerra is fortunate to be involved with a variety of fascinating projects. Our staff and team members include biological technicians, ecologists, hydraulic and geomorphic engineers, landscape architects, and a variety of other specialists. Our small and growing staff also includes a six-person crew, providing our clients with quality restoration projects. The restoration ecologist is a key member of this growing and dynamic team, and is expected to provide fundamental support for and leadership of nearly all facets of AloTerra’s projects, client relations, marketing, and organizational development.
1. Technical design and project management, including ecological restoration, erosion control, wetland mitigation, and a variety of other natural resources projects: 50%
2. Satisfying project-specific regulatory needs (i.e., USACE, 404 permits, local permits, NEPA-related, etc.): 10%
3. Proposal writing, marketing (i.e., conferences and client development), and other business development: 20%
4. GIS, data management, literature review, report writing, and other project support services: 10%
5. Organizational development (i.e., improving systems), staff/intern management, and enhancement of technical resources (i.e., technical notes and design specifications): 10%
The following qualifications should be clearly highlighted in your resume/CV.
· Min. 8 years of experience in ecological restoration, botany, river restoration, engineering, or a related field;
· Proven ability to lead design efforts (including leading design teams) for complex ecological restoration projects.
· Min. 5 years of experience in management of complex ecological restoration projects (i.e., river restoration) or similar natural resources projects;
· B.S. degree in natural resources, ecology, botany, civil engineering, landscape architecture, or similar field;
· Min. 3 years of experience writing successful proposals and/or grants;
· Positive attitude, and proven ability to communicate professionally (written and oral) with a diversity of partners;
· Highly proficient with computers and basic office related software (MS office, databases, spreadsheets, word processing, etc.) and some advanced software (GIS, Adobe suites, CADD, and similar);
· Ability to work very well independently and as part of a team;
· Thorough understanding and ability to work equally effectively with local coalitions, land management agencies, private land owners, ranchers, and vendors; and
· On the ground experience implementing conservation, restoration, or other natural resource projects.
· Strong work ethic, energetic, flexible, professional, and self-directed;
· Strong conservation values; and
· Desire to work for a small and growing firm based in Fort Collins, Colorado.
· M.S. degree in ecological restoration, natural resources management, ecology, or related field;
· Ten years of experience with Ecological restoration design and/or design-build projects;
· Five years of experience with GIS and GPS;
· Working knowledge of CADD or similar software; and
· Experience working with/for consulting or non-profit organizations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
AloTerra Restoration Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and protects applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, creed, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or national origin. Religious discrimination includes failing to reasonably accommodate an employee’s religious practices where the accommodation does not impose undue hardship.
Job Start Date: 11/15/2016
Application Deadline: 10/15/2016