Conservation Tech IV - Delaware State Parks
This is not a merit position. This is a contractual position with the opportunity to work long term.
Delaware State Parks is seeking individuals for the statewide trail maintenance of State Parks trails. The position is the Conservation Tech IV Trail Specialist for the Division of Parks and Recreation and oversees the division’s trail maintenance program statewide. The position is responsible for responding to emergency trail repairs, coordinating trail safety inspections to develop a management plan, consulting on trail alignments, training state park employees, supervising trail crews and coordinating the use of outside contractors when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides expert consulting services on trail management, repair and redevelopment
- Inventories trail resources, identifies hazards, develops maintenance schedules
- Inspects trail bridges and determines replacement schedules
- Identifies and establishes trail project priorities
- Identifies causes of trail deterioration and trail alignment issues
- Recommends trail repair specifications and develops trail project scopes of work
- Works with planning officials to promote sound utilization of trail resources.
- Identifies statewide issues involving assigned area and develops annual goals and objectives to address issues.
- Operates all types of trail construction equipment
- Three years’ experience in trail management and maintenance
- Three years’ experience in single track trail and bridge construction.
- Three years’ experience in supervision and project management.
- Six months experience in enforcing compliance with laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Knowledge of grant management and control which includes monitoring and evaluating grant expenditures.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
- Salary Range: $29,384.00-$36,730.00/year
Please forward your resume with a cover letter to: Patricia.Risher@state.de.us