Contact Name: Jason Behrens
Company/Organization/Agency: Great Basin Institute
Address: 16750 Mt. Rose Hwy, Reno, Nevada 89511 United States
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (775) 674-5482
Job Title: Nevada Conservation Corps Program Director
Job Description: Founded in 1999, the NCC is a well-established statewide environmental program with more than 100 full- and part-time participants. We are seeking a dedicated, service-minded professional who desires to make lasting, positive change for public lands and communities in Nevada and other Western states.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This leadership position requires a dynamic individual to oversee, manage, mentor and support a large conservation and restoration program. The Director will manage current programs, while working to strengthen and develop new partnerships, programs and training opportunities.
The Director will be responsible for all of the following:
• Overseeing the recruitment, placement, management and development of AmeriCorps restoration crew members and interns, with the goal to provide them a world-class professional-development service experience.
• Administering NCC’s AmeriCorps grant, while complying with all GBI & AmeriCorps standards, policies and objectives;
• Strengthening existing relationships by providing excellent services, products and reports to current project partners;
• Expanding NCC’s reach and capacity by developing additional opportunities and relationships;
• Overseeing disciplined fiscal management of all NCC projects and activities;
• Conducting regular crew and intern site visits to ensure compliance with AmeriCorps and GBI standards and policies;
• Coordinating NCC management with other GBI programs as a member of a diverse, driven and successful team;
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skill preferences:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in environmental studies, nonprofit management, or related field(s) required;
• Minimum of two years of AmeriCorps or National Service experience preferred;
• Minimum of two years of Conservation Corps experience preferred;
• Minimum of two years’ experience supervising staff at multiple sites, projects and personnel;
• Demonstrate the ability and experience in areas such as grant writing and management, project development, training, team building, problem solving, and community building;
• Excellent budget-development and oversight skills;
• Experience developing and implementing agreements and contracts with federal land-management agencies, other governments agencies and nonprofit organizations;
• Familiarity with regional environmental community-based agencies, services and resources;
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to balance and integrate task-oriented and process-oriented responsibilities;
• Excellent written, verbal communication, and facilitation skills;
• Driven, patient and adaptable.
• Rate of Pay: $50,000-$55,000 yearly salary, DOE
• Paid Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
• 401K Retirement Plan with 4% Matching Contribution
Apply Directly Online:
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Job Start Date: 11/14/2016
Application Deadline: 10/28/2016
Additional Information: Apply Directly Online:
Visit our Website: