12 Month Americorps Trail Crew Leader
ob Title Iowa DNR Trail Crew-AmeriCorps Positions
Location Counties Across Iowa
Become a member of the DNR Keepers of the Land AmeriCorps Trail Crew! Restore and maintain trails in Iowa’s state parks. Live and work on site. Provide leadership to the summer trail crew. This position requires performing a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and technical tasks which include the following responsibilities;
• Restore and construct trails in Iowa’s parks statewide.
• Build erosion control structures such as pedestrian bridges, boardwalks, retaining walls, and staircases using a wide range of materials.
• Safely operate and maintain tools and equipment.
• Restore native ecosystems and prairies.
• Provide leadership to the summer trail crew.
• Design and implement AmeriCorps community service projects.
• Generate and organize volunteers.
• Provide disaster relief as necessary.Trail Crew life is both challenging and rewarding. Our members have the opportunity to job shadow and collaborate with DNR specialists, camp in Iowa state parks, and work outdoors!Full time positions are available. AmeriCorps members receive a living allowance and an education award upon successful completion of service.See full description for more information.Full time positions run from Sept/Oct 2015 through Aug/Sept 2016Living Stipend: $12,700 divided and paid every two weeks during a 12 month term of service – $5,550 education award at successful completion of contract.Post Close Date August 18, 2015
To Apply: To receive full consideration please e-mail a resume, cover letter, and two work or school references to Whitney.Davis@dnr.iowa.gov
Job Start Date