Contact Name: Lester Kenway
Company/Organization/Agency: Maine Appalachian Trail Club
Address: PO Box 8057, Bangor, ME 04402 United States
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (207) 947-2723
Job Title: Maine Trail Crew Leader
Job Description: Maine Appalachian Trail Club
Put your passion for the Appalachian Trail to work! Apply for summer trail crew jobs in Maine and make friendships that will last a lifetime.
Maine Trail Crew Leader
Passionate about the outdoors? Do your best thinking from a mountain summit?
Teach and lead a volunteer a trail crew doing trail reconstruction work on the Appalachian Trail at remote sites on the mountains of Maine. Projects include building stone steps, waterbars and retaining walls and as well as new trail. Activities focus on quality trail building, teamwork and learning opportunities for volunteers. Advanced training with stone cutting, stone work, Griphoist rigging systems and other trail work will be presented as well as training with first aid and leadership techniques. Sorry, no pets are allowed.
• One or more seasons of trail work experience
• Some experience with outdoor leadership
• Willingness to take responsibility for of all aspects of a trail crew
• Maintain records and photos of each week’s project
• Ability to teach trail skills
• Previous experience building stone structures
• Good health and physical fitness
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record
• Ability to maintain a safe and enjoyable work environment under challenging conditions
• Ability to motivate and work with people of all ages and backgrounds
• Comfortable working without direct supervision
Pay: $13.15 per hour plus housing and meals provided (valued at $150 per week)
Housing is on an island in Branns Mill Pond, Dover Foxcroft, Maine.
Dates: May 19 – August 25, 2018. Work includes weekends.
To Apply: send your resume, cover letter and 3 references to:
Lester C. Kenway
PO Box 8057
Bangor ME 04402
Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications accepted until the positions are filled, preference for to those received by March 31, 2018.
Job Start Date: 5/19/2018
Application Deadline: 3/31/2018
Additional Information: I am looking for someone who is ready to become a Trail Crew Leader on the Appalachian Trail in Maine. This is an excellent opportunity to learn innovative techniques of building trail from someone who has been in the industry for over 45 years.
For more information: MATC.org
Lester C. Kenway
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)