Contact Name: Lester Kenway
Company/Organization/Agency: Maine Appalachian Trail Club
Address: Maine Trail Crew, Dover-Foxcroft, ME 04426 United States
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (207) 947-2723
Job Title: Maine Trail Crew Field Coordinator
Job Description: The Field Coordinator will coordinate multiple trail crews working on the Appalachian Trail in Maine. Duties include making plans for the summer season, teaching trail skills to program staff and volunteers, joining the crews on the trail, making inventories of trail conditions, submitting reports, and maintaining housing facilities/equipment. Sorry, no pets are allowed.
• Two or more seasons working on New England trails
• Experience with outdoor leadership
• Ability to monitor progress, quality and quantity of the trail work being done by two crews in different locations
• Experience in the field with GPS – will train if necessary
• Familiar with computers, Excel spreadsheets and MS Word
• Ability to teach trail skills
• Experience building stone structures and using Griphoist equipment
• Ability to hike long distances in mountain terrain
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record
• Accept responsibility for maintaining safety standards
• Ability to motivate and work with people of all ages and backgrounds
• Comfortable working without direct supervision
Job Start Date: 4/1/2019
Application Deadline: 1/31/2019
Additional Information: Pay: $19.50 per hour, $780 per week. Group housing is available on an island in Branns Mill Pond, Dover Foxcroft Maine.
Dates: April 1 – September 28, 2019. Work includes weekends.
Sorry, no pets allowed.
To Apply: send your resume, cover letter and 3 references to: email@example.com.
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)