Contact Name: Jedediah Talbot
Company/Organization/Agency: OBP Trailworks, LLC
Address: 110 Poplar Hill Road, Turner, ME 04282 United States
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (207) 312-1340
Job Title: Trail Team Member
Job Description: OBP Trailworks. LLC, is a professional trail contracting company based in Turner, Maine. Seasonal positions begin May 1 and finish November 15 with some flexibility on both ends. Trail crew members work 35-40 hours a week, generally working four 10 hours days followed by three days off. Project sites will be located in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts.
In 2018, OBP will be working on projects that include:
• Building accessible and multi-use trails with machines
• Constructing backcountry hiking trails by hand
• Building rock staircases utilizing advanced rigging techniques
• Conducting water quality enhancement by adding woody material to streams- entails directional felling with chainsaws and rigging with Griphoists
• Trail patrolling work in the White Mountain National Forest- entails assessing trail conditions, removing blowdowns, and clearing drainages
• Building native timber bridges and boardwalks
• Building steel stringer bridges and imported material boardwalks
Applicants should email a cover letter stating reasons for seeking employment with OBP, a résumé, and contact information for a minimum of three references.
Job Start Date: 5/30/2018
Application Deadline: 6/1/2018
Additional Information: Please visit www.obptrailworks.com for or www.facebook.com/trailwork more information about recent projects. Additional information about the position is available upon request.
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)