Contact Name: Hannah Jo King
Company/Organization/Agency: The Student Conservation Association
Address: 1230 Preservation Park Way, Oakland, CA 94612 United States
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (510) 832-1966
Job Title: SCA Pennsylvania Conservation Corps Team- Project Supervisor
Job Description: Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire young adults for the Pennsylvania Outdoor Corps.
Training Dates: February 11th - 20th, 2019 (mandatory paid training)
Program Dates: February 25th - Decemember 13th, 2019
Crew Schedule: Monday - Thursday, 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
2019 Crew Locations: Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre, Harrisburg, Altoona, Williamsport, St Marys, Meadville and Uniontown
The corps works with Pennsylvania’s Department of Conservation and Natural Resources to conduct land and resource management activities in the State Park and Forest system. Project leaders train, supervise and administer crews of five members, between the ages of 18 and 25, working on a variety of outdoor conservation projects, including trail maintenance, habitat restoration, invasive species removal, facility maintenance, light construction and resource inventory. Leaders coordinate with agency partners to plan and implement projects and work with SCA staff to manage safety, crew performance and logistics in the field. One leader is assigned to each crew.
Specifically, the Project Leader will:
• Act as a Crew Supervisor by facilitating teamwork, managing field-based tasks, and guiding crew dynamics
• Serve as an Advisor by training members in technical conservation work skills, mentoring personal and professional development, and teaching environmental stewardship
• Act as a Project Manager, by communicating with agency partners, ensuring successful and timely completion of work projects, and upholding a positive representation of SCA
• Perform tasks as a Program Administrator by organizing logistics, completing documentation, managing a budget, and communicating with SCA staff
• Experience working with youth or young adults, teaching or environmental education a plus
• Experience with conservation work skills or related skills preferred – i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, habitat restoration, carpentry, landscaping and gardening
• Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements, and occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
• Current First Aid and CPR certification required by the start of training
• Must be able to attend Crew Leader training from February 11th to February 20th, 2019
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
• Must have ability to legally work in the US
• Must have a valid driver’s license for 3+ years and MVR that meets SCA standards
• Must be able to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
• Must have or secure housing in or near program city
• $700 per week
• Employer-sponsored benefits (health, dental, vision, retirement, PTO, paid holidays)
• Paid trainings and career-development opportunities
Job Start Date: 2/11/2019
Application Deadline: 12/1/2018
Additional Information: To Apply: Visit http://thesca.force.com/members to create a profile, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume and at least two (2) professional references. Once your application is complete, please email email@example.com with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
View Position Online: https://www.thesca.org/pennsylvania-outdoor-corps-adult-program-project-leader
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)