Contact Name: Brad Bauer
Company/Organization/Agency: Sheridan Community Land Trust
Address: PO Box 7185, 52 South Main, Suite 1, Sheridan, Wyoming 82801 United States
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (307) 673-4702
Job Title: Mini-Excavator Operator / Construction Supervisor - Year-Round, One location, Full Benefits
Job Description: The Sheridan Community Land Trust (SCLT) and the Antelope Butte Foundation (AB) are seeking someone looking to up their game by becoming involved in all aspects of building, managing and maintaining a growing network of terrestrial and water trails in summer, and a downhill and cross-country grooming operation at the local ski resort in winter. Are you an experienced trail builder with knowledge of trail design and skilled as an excavator operator who’d like to work year-round in one location, with full benefits? Settle in a growing, lively community tucked up against the Big Horn Mountains in north-central Wyoming and become a key member in 2 non-profit organizations as they expand and develop non-motorized recreation opportunities.
Job Start Date: 10/10/2019
Application Deadline: 9/30/2019
Additional Information: Description of Duties:
• Summer- Create the final layout for new trails within secured corridors. Construct non-motorized, natural surface, single-track styled trails using a brand new CAT 301.5 mini excavator and finish equipment. Manage development by coordinating activities, acquiring essential materials, providing over-site and lead on workforce.
• Summer- Maintain Infrastructure. Responsible for control measures on erosion, vegetation, and hazards for all trails, water trails and portages (brushing, mowing, weed management, upkeep of native and man-made features).
• Summer- This position will exercise authority over seasonal trails technicians, contractors, volunteers and partner groups. Ensure smooth trail construction from initial planning to trail opening.
• Winter- Groom and maintain downhill runs, terrain features, and cross-country trails at a recreation resort on the mountain.
• Winter- Maintain the equipment’s maintenance schedule.
• Overall- Help monitor conditions, inventory maintenance needs, and assist in budgeting/project planning for upcoming year.
• Overall- Act as an ambassador raising awareness and additional support. Educate public of programs and encourage responsible facility use.
• Experience using mini excavator to build new, non-motorized trails.
• Experience in trail design and layout.
• Experience with other trail equipment for finish work and maintenance purposes.
• Experience with snow groomer and snowmobile desired (training provided if needed).
• Specific Knowledge of mountain biking, hiking, trail running, and snow sports is a plus.
• Ability to perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities.
• Ability to perform work independently/unsupervised.
• Ability to work effectively with others; to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Possess a vehicle capable of hauling materials/equipment/small utility trailer.
Minimum Age: 21 years old
Duration: Full Time, Year Round
Pay: DOE. Hourly, plus standard IRS mileage compensation for personal vehicle use during working hours.
Insurance and other benefit(s): Paid vacation/holidays, health insurance stipend, IRA contribution, phone stipend.
Job Start Date: TBD
Application Deadline: Until Filled
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)