Contact Name: Tim Kuehn
Company/Organization/Agency: Superior Hiking Trail Association
Address: 731 Seventh Ave PO Box 4, Two Harbors, MN 55616 USA
Email Address: SHTAsearch@gmail.com
Contact Phone: (218) 834-2700
Job Title: Executive Director
Job Description: Position Announcement
The Superior Hiking Trail Association (SHTA), headquartered in Two Harbors, Minnesota, is seeking a dynamic leader to serve in the role of Executive Director. The position reports to the organization’s member-elected Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, motivating, directing, and management of the SHTA, a Minnesota nonprofit dedicated to constructing, maintaining, and promoting a world-class 310-mile natural surface trail paralleling Lake Superior from Wisconsin to Ontario. The 5,000 plus member organization has a small knowledgeable staff, a passionate group of volunteers, and a committed, active board of directors dedicated to the success of a new strategic plan.
The trail is experiencing tremendous growth in use and awareness as it is discovered, experienced and enjoyed by day hikers, trail runners, backpackers and other outdoor enthusiasts from Minnesota and beyond. General responsibilities for the new Executive Director include leading the organization in maintaining and improving the trail as well as managing the organization’s marketing communications, fundraising and financial management. Duties are carried out with the advice and direction of the board and its committees and the support of staff, contractors, and volunteers.
We are seeking a candidate who demonstrates:
• Passion, energy and enthusiasm for nature trails and the outdoors.
• A successful track record in a leadership position with an organization or program, preferably a nonprofit in natural resources or outdoor recreation.
• A proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships with staff, board, partners, supporters and community.
• Knowledge and experience developing, communicating and implementing vision and strategy.
• A proven ability to effectively develop and motivate staff and volunteers.
• Proven organizational skills, such as planning, collaborating, supervising and delegating.
• Solid project management skills, with experience in procurement and construction management particularly relevant.
• Experience in fundraising, budgeting and financial management.
• Experience in marketing communications, including publications, media relations and social media.
Job Start Date: 5/1/2017
Application Deadline: 3/3/2017
Additional Information: To Apply:
For more information or to see the full position description, visit www.shta.org. Interested qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to SHTAsearch@gmail.com. Applications are being accepted until March 3, 2017.
The Superior Hiking Trail Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace.
Tim Kuehn, Search Committee Chair
Vice President, SHTA Board of Directors
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)