Contact Name: Allison Pedley
Company/Organization/Agency: Truckee Trails Foundation
Address: PO Box 1751, Truckee, CA 96160 USA
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (530) 587-8214
Job Title: Trails Project Coordinator
Job Description: The Truckee Trails Foundation (TTF) is seeking candidates for a full-time Trails Project Coordinator who will take the lead on implementation of our local and regional trails projects. The successful candidate will work closely with TTF’s executive director (ED) and board, along with public agency and nonprofit partners, to fulfill the organizaion’s mission of an interconnected system of trails in and around Truckee. The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills and qualifications, though TTF can provide on-the-job training in some areas. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The Truckee Trails Foundaiton is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or citizenship status (as defined under the Immigration Reform and Control Act).
• Oversee project lifecycle, including: trail planning, design, building and maintenance. Much of work will take place in the field on steep, uneven terrain, with the potential for inclement weather.
• Assist with project bids, proposals, contracts, subcontracts, project documentation, and job cost analysis.
• Create positive relationships with volunteers, clients, landowners and land managers.
• Coordinate efforts with the USFS, Truckee Donner Land Trust, and other trail partners
• Provide project status updates to ED & Board of Directors
• Write project reports.
Personnel and Volunteers:
• Work with ED and project partners to determine appropriate level of seasonal staffing.
• Manage trail crew leaders, trail crew, volunteers and hired contractors to ensure proper implementation of trail projects.
• Assist with seasonal job postings and hiring.
• Provide, or arrange for, necessary training for new and seasonal staff
• Oversee scheduling of trail events and volunteers to ensure excellent delivery of services.
• Provide in-field training and feedback (both positive and constructive) for crew leaders and crew members.
• Assist with creation of annual trail program budgets.
• Develop project budgets.
• Work with ED to manage trail project budgets.
• Supervise trail crew.
• Implement policies and procedures in risk management and safety guidelines.
• Coordinate projects with USFS, counties, town, and private land owners and managers.
• Exceptional leadership skills.
• Experience with the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of sustainable hiking and mountain biking trails.
• Project management experience in a team environment.
• Extensive knowledge of trail use, such as hiking, mountain biking and trail running.
• B.A/B.S./Associates degree in related field (e.g. construction/business management, engineering, parks & recreation, natural sciences) or similar combination of experience and education.
• Skilled in a variety of office based software systems (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Basid trail tool use (shovel, rake, Macleod, mattock, loppers, wheelbarrows. etc.).
• Experience with common heavy trail equipment (mini excavators, trail dozers, etc.).
• Chain saw and other saw certifications.
• Ability to assess equipment malfunctions and repair or service as appropropriate.
• Experience with managing private consulting/contracting firm and personnel.
• Experience working with land management agencies and other government entities.
• Experience working in a not-for-profit environment and with volunteer advocates.
• Experience with GIS and other mapping software.
• Skilled in a variety of consulting/contracting specific software systems (e.g., MS Project).
• Basic knowledge of local flora & fauna and habitat restoration.
Job Start Date: 4/22/2019
Application Deadline: 3/15/2019
Additional Information: https://www.truckeetrails.org/now-hiring/we-are-hiring/