The Sustainable Trails Conference is heading to Bend, OR to offer the absolute must attend conference for anyone involved in trails construction, maintenance, design, development and use. The 2017 Sustainable Trails Conference features the PTBA Sustainable Trails Workshops, a technical track of Concurrent Session exploring all of the aspects of good trail design, construction, planning and maintenance, and of course the world famous Outdoor Trade Show and Demonstration Area. No other trails conference can boast the amount of experiential education available at this conference!
- Register as an Attendee for The Core Conference (March 14 - 16) and any Pre- and Post-Conference Workshops (March 11 12, 13; March 17-18).
- Reserve your lodging at the Riverhouse on the Deschutes by calling 1-866-453-4480. Rates are $105/night (+tax) for Government Per Diem, and $124/night (+tax) for standard rooms. You must reserve your room prior to March 3, 2017 by requesting the "Professional Trailbuilders Association Room Block" when you register.
- Concurrent sessions during The Core Conference will cover topics in trail design, maintenance, and construction, professional hybrid and youth corps trail contracting, avoiding common trail development pitfalls, planning for accessibility, specialized mountain bike trail development techniques, and large partnerships success stories.
- Don't miss the Award Banquet with Keynote speaker - Bob Woodward - There are few things (if any) that have to do with adventure in Bend that Bob has not had his finger on (and nose in). Join us for this fun night!
- The PTBA Member Meetings are on March 14 and March 15 (PTBA Members Only)
- The PTBA Sustainable Trails Workshops can be purchased independently from a the core conference registration package.
Thanks to our Exhibitors and Sponsors!
Post-conference workshops are held March 17-18, 2017
Conference Location and Getting There
RIVERHOUSE ON THE DESCHUTES (3075 N HWY 97, BEND, OR, 97701)
Reserve your lodging at the Riverhouse on the Deschutes by calling 1-866-453-4480.. Rates are $105/night (+tax) for Government Per Diem, $124/night (+tax) for standard rooms, and $134 for Deluxe and Superior rooms. You must reserve your room prior to March 3, 2017 by requesting the "Professional Trailbuilders Association Room Block" when you register.
Directions by Car:
- Coming from the north on Highway 97, take Butler Market/Exit 136 B to Business Hwy 97 and turn right. You’ll see the Riverhouse marquee/reader board across the street on Business Highway 97.
- Coming from the south on Highway 97, take Revere Avenue/Exit 137 and continue straight onto Division Street. Follow Division to next stoplight Business Hwy N 97 and turn left. You’ll see the Riverhouse marquee/reader board on the left-hand side of the street.
- Coming from the west on Highway 20, follow the highway which places you onto Business Highway 97/3rdStreet and we’re located approximately 3 miles down the street on the right-hand side of the street.
- Coming from the east on Highway 20, which turns into Greenwood once you have entered Bend and turn right on 3rd Street/Business Highway 97 until you cross under the overpass and we’re located on the left-handed of the street after Mt. Washington Drive.
- If you’re lost, call the Riverhouse at (866) 453-4480 and they'd be happy to help you.
AVIS, 800.831.2847, Visit the Website
BUDGET, 800.527.0700, Visit the Website
ENTERPRISE, 800.261.7331, Visit the Website
HERTZ, 800.654.3131, Visit the Website
CARRERA COLLECTION, 541.322.1828, Visit the Website
Roberts Field Airport (RDM) Redmond, OR - With non-stop commercial flights and air service from major markets, getting to Bend, Oregon is quick and convenient. And once you land at the renovated Roberts Field Airport (RDM), you’re only 20 minutes away from the energy and excitement of downtown Bend. Roberts Field is the fourth largest commercial airport in Oregon, serving all of Central Oregon. Flights are provided by Alaska, United, Delta, and American Airlines.
Bend is served by regional bus service from many cities in Oregon:
From Portland: Central Oregon Breeze
From Newport, Corvallis, Salem: Valley Retriever
From Coos Bay, Florence, Eugene: Porter Stage Lines
From John Day: People Mover
From Ontario: Eastern POINT
Amtrak Shuttle from Chemult to Bend/Redmond: High Desert POINT
Indian Head Casino Fun Bus
AMTRAK provides convenient and affordable rail transportation to the Bend area from various locations throughout the region. Call Amtrak for fares and schedules 800.872.7245 or visit their website at www.amtrak.com.