The Sustainable Trails Conference is very excited to announce that we will be heading to Bend, OR to offer the absolute must attend conference for anyone involved in trails construction, maintenance, design, development and use. The 2017 Sustainable Trails Conference features the PTBA Sustainable Trails Workshops, a technical track of Concurrent Session exploring all of the aspects of good trail design, construction, planning and maintenance, a local Legacy Trail, and of course the world famous Outdoor Trade Show and Demonstration Area. No other trails conference can boast the amount of experiential education available at this conference. You really can not afford to miss this conference!
The PTBA Sustainable Trails Workshops can be purchased independently from a the core conference registration package.
We are extremely excited about the opportunities for new and exciting workshops, an exciting new trade show and sessions highlighting the challenges and rewards of building, designing and maintaining trails in the varied environs around the country.
Call For Presentations (Open Now)
- Submit your proposal for core conference sessions (1 hour), mini-workshops (3 hours), or multi-day workshops
- Core conference sessions and Mini-workshops are offered March 13-15, 2017
- Multi-day workshops are paid workshops, offered either pre-conference (March 11-12) or post-conference (March 16-18)
- All presenters receive a 30% discount on core conference registration fees.
- Though all ideas will be considered, we are specifically seeking sessions that address the following topics:
- Cutting edge construction techniques
- Trail technologies in action
- Hybrid contracting - volunteer, corps and professional partnerships
- User specific trail design concepts and techniques (mountain bike, equestrian, OHV, etc.)
- Public/Private partnership success
- Building trails on private lands
- Working with youth and conservation corps
- Trail funding opportunities
- Register as an Attendee for the Conference (Opening in November)
- Reserve your lodging at the Riverside Hotel and Convention Center
- Download the printable Conference and Workshop Registration Form (coming soon)
- Core Conference Agenda (coming soon)
Exhibitors and Sponsors
Workshop Offerings and the 2017 Legacy Trail
Sustainable Trails Workshops will be held March 11-13, 2017 and Post-conference workshops are held March 16-18, 2017