Contact Name: Zack Stansfield
Company/Organization/Agency: City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks
Address: 2520 55th Street, Boulder, CO 80303 United States
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (303) 903-5339
Job Title: OSMP Trails Crew Member
Job Description: Overall Job Objective
Work as part of a 3-6 person crew to construct, repair, and maintain trails and related facilities and to perform related duties as assigned. Work involves heavy lifting, digging, carrying, brush cutting and operation of power equipment in the construction and maintenance of natural surface and crusher fines trails. Position emphasizes and involves a variety of knowledge and abilities in the field of trail construction and maintenance, including excavation and grading of trails, carpentry, dry stone work, and operation of a motor vehicle, mechanized equipment and trailers. Position requires hiking up to 10 hours per day, carrying a backpack and hand tools, and working outside in occasionally inclement weather. Positions require working up to 10 hours per day. Positions require the ability to lift, push, pull and/or carry loads of 50 pounds repeatedly on grades and sloped terrain. Positions require bending for long periods using hand tools and using equipment that vibrate severely such as chainsaws, power carriers, rock breakers and plate compactors for up to 10 hours a day. Trail Labor positions will work with Jr. Rangers, AmeriCorps crews, volunteers and other groups and individuals assigned to trail projects. Depending on experience, Trail Worker positions may be required to assist in training and working with Jr. Rangers, AmeriCorps crews, volunteers, and other groups and individuals assigned to trail projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work as part of a crew to construct, repair and maintain trails and related facilities including, clearing, excavation, and grading; tread, drainage and structure construction, maintenance, and repair; basic carpentry work; and use of associated tools and equipment.
• Clean, repair, maintain and organize vehicles, tools and equipment.
• Work as part of a team.
• Take proper safety precautions, anticipate unsafe circumstances, and act accordingly to prevent accidents. Use all proper safety equipment. Report all accidents and damage to city property.
• Operate and use specialized equipment: trail dozers, excavators, power carriers, gas powered rock drills/breakers, winch and rigging equipment, chainsaws, grinders and sharpening tools, etc.
• Depending on experience: Assist the Trail Crew Leader in training crew members in essential skills, abilities and safety; ensure crew uses safe work practices, and coordinate guidance from the Trails Supervisor and Trail Maintenance Staff. Provide work leadership and skills training to volunteers and other groups performing trail work.
• Remain generally alert to conditions and events occurring in assigned areas indicating misuse. Anticipate needed maintenance and reports such problems to supervisor.
• Responsible for knowing and complying with all city and department policies; participating in professional trainings and development; and adhering to attendance and workplace attire policies.
Job Start Date: 4/22/2019
Application Deadline: 1/3/2019
Additional Information: Please Apply https://bouldercolorado.gov/human-resources/city-jobs
Will include desired qualifications, supplemental information, salary information, etc..
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)