Contact Name: Kurt Kuznicki
Company/Organization/Agency: Friends of Nevada Wilderness
Address: 1360 Greg St Suite 111, Sparks, NV 89502 US
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (775) 745-3119
Job Title: Trail Crew Member
Job Description: Job Advertisement
Position Title: Trail Crew Member
Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
2 Position Terms: Late May – Mid August & Late May- September 30th
Location: Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest
Spend your summer exploring Nevada’s vast and little known Wilderness while having an adventure of a lifetime. Your effort and commitment will make a difference for Wilderness trails and their users.
Position Summary: Friends of Nevada Wilderness (FNW) in partnership with the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, is recruiting eight full-time (approximately 40 hours/week) trail crew members to maintain trails in central and northeast Nevada. The trail crew member will be required to work cooperatively with other trail crew members; be responsible for the safety of fellow trail crew members, volunteers, and Forest visitors. The priority of this trail crew is to perform trail maintenance in central and northeast Nevada. This is a seasonal position that begins in late May and ends in September 2018.
Work locations are in the following counties, Elko, Eureka, Humboldt, Lander, Nye and White Pine. The qualified persons will be focused on working in a backcountry setting. Due to the remote nature of the work sites, camping will be required most nights during the week at undeveloped, backcountry sites. Reliable transportation to office is essential.
• Must be reliable, punctual, show up prepared and willing to follow directions.
• Must display a genuine commitment to team goals and fellow team members.
• Must be able to put team objectives above personal objectives.
• Must be able to adapt quickly and easily to changing situations and conditions in the field.
• Must make safety a priority both on and off work time during while in the field.
• Must be able to perform the hard labor required of trail work for 10 hours a day for 8 days straight.
• Must respect and maintain tools and equipment.
• Must be willing to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
• Must be able to work in remote settings on multi-day trips, while carrying tools and equipment.
• Verifiable history of remote outdoor camping and travel along with demonstrated capacity to thrive in a rugged outdoor environment.
• Level of physical fitness enabling the member to hike ten miles per day with a 40-60 lb pack.
• Map reading and GPS skills helpful or willingness to learn.
• 18 years of age or older with valid driver’s license.
• Must possess basic computer skills. Must be able to collect simple data and have the skill to enter simple data
• Personal hiking and backpacking equipment required (please inquire about specific equipment needs).
$12.50 -$14.00/hour DOE. No housing or stipend provided. There are no benefits associated with this position.
Email a cover letter, resume and (3) references Attn: Darcy Shepard to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not mail hard copy materials. For questions on position details contact the Associate Director, Kurt Kuznicki (775) 324-7667 or email@example.com
Friends of Nevada Wilderness is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PO Box 9754, Reno, NV 89507
Job Start Date: 6/1/2018
Application Deadline: 4/30/2018
Additional Information: https://www.nevadawilderness.org/employment
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)