Contact Name: Lester Kenway
Company/Organization/Agency: Maine Appalachian Trail Club
Address: \Maine Trail Crew, Dover-Foxcroft, ME 04426 United States
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (207) 947-2723
Job Title: Maine Trail Crew Intern
Job Description: Dream of working on the Appalachian Trail in Maine?
Consider this opportunity to build your skills with trail work, outdoor living and leadership. Experience some of the most pristine, remote sections of Maine’s Appalachian Trail. Projects focus on rebuilding and restoring heavily impacted sections of the Appalachian Trail. Crews utilize Griphoist® rigging equipment, and hand tools to build stone steps, waterbars and retaining walls to repair the Appalachian Trail.
• Enthusiasm for working and living outdoors
• Interest in building a career in the trail world
• Ability to teach skills and support volunteer workers
• Good health and physical fitness
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record
• Willing to develop both trail building and leadership skills
• Ability to motivate and work with people of all ages and backgrounds
• Sponsorship from a college or university
Experience helps, but we teach trail skills here.
Develop your professional background
Housing and meals are provided, including off time between work sessions (Base Camp is on an Island in Branns Mills Pond, Maine)
Tents and packs are provided if needed
Stay in mountain-side campsites
Make new friends
Learn new trail skills
Lots of hiking on the Appalachian Trail and elsewhere
Build works in stone to last for the ages
Recreational trips to the mountains, ocean and lakes on days off
Job Start Date: 5/18/2019
Application Deadline: 1/31/2019
Additional Information: Dates: May 18 to August 24, 2019 – Work includes weekends.
Living Allowance - $200 per week
To Apply: send your resume, cover letter and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, no pets are allowed.
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)