Contact Name: Alice Webber
Company/Organization/Agency: OBP Trailworks, LLC
Address: 110 Poplar Hill Rd., Turner, ME 04282 US
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (908) 451-7952
Job Title: Professional Trail Crew Member
Job Description: Job Title: Professional Trail Crew Member
Position Start Date: May 6, 2019 - flexible
Position End Date: November 22, 2019 - flexible
Hiring Schedule: Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
Applicants should email a cover letter stating reasons for seeking employment with OBP, a résumé, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OBP Trailworks, LLC is looking to hire 4-6 seasonal trail crew positions for 2019. OBP is a professional trail contracting company based in Turner, Maine, owned and operated by Jed Talbot.
Position Description: Trail crew members work 35-40 hours a week, generally working four 10 hour days, followed by three days off. The schedule is subject to change with notice, project dependent. Project sites will be located in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. Members work with and report to Jed Talbot and the Crew Supervisor. Crew structure is project dependent, and members can expect to either work together as one crew, split into multiple crews, or occasionally work solo.
Position Requirements Include:
• Minimum 2 years experience with varied trail maintenance and construction techniques, and/or relevant manual labor
• Experience with, or willingness to learn, Equipment Operation such as skid steer loaders and mini-excavators
• Ability and willingness to work safely, efficiently, and unsupervised while outside in all weather conditions
• Physical ability to carry a 50 pack for 10 miles over rough terrain
• Physical ability to sustain long days of intensive manual labor
• Experience and comfort with being in the woods for long periods of time, sometimes alone
• Flexibility with work schedule
• History of safe working practices
• Reliable personal vehicle for transportation to/from project sites
• Personal camping gear (tent, sleeping pad, bag, headlamp, etc)
• Wilderness medical training (preferred)
• Chainsaw safety training (preferred)
• High level of self motivation and discipline
• Ability to execute a high standard of work while being mindful of production rates
• Capacity to take direction and constructive criticism
• Ability to communicate effectively with crew members, supervisor, and owner
• Desire to contribute to a shared community environment
• Capacity to act as a respectful, professional representative of OBP to clients and partners
• Hourly rate starting at $16/hr, based on experience and commitment
• Travel compensation at the start and end of each project
• End of Season Bonus, based on combined weekly and seasonal commitment
• Housing during work weeks- some projects require camping (OBP provides base camp gear );
• Company Attire
• Skills Training and Experience, including technical trail skills, equipment operation, rigging, stone splitting, shaping and pinning, chainsaw milling, etc.
• Opportunity to travel, work, and explore beautiful areas such as the White Mountains of NH, the coast of Maine, the Berkshires in Massachusetts, and the North Maine Woods.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions. For more information on OBP Trailworks, email us or visit our website at www.obptrailworks.com.
Job Start Date: 5/6/2019
Application Deadline: 3/15/2019
Additional Information: https://www.obptrailworks.com/
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)