Contact Name: Hannah Jo King
Company/Organization/Agency: The Student Conservation Association
Address: 1230 Preservation Park Way, Oakland, CA 94612 United States
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (510) 832-1966
Job Title: SCA Alaska Corps Teams- Project Leader
Job Description: Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire a team of 5 young adult participants in the completion of conservation projects throughout the state of Alaska.
Program Dates: April – September 2019
Typical projects include trail maintenance and construction, exotic plant management, fuels reduction and habitat restoration. Teams will live and work together for the entire season and have the opportunity to build a small community. Project Leaders are an integral part of the success of our teams, and they will be expected to strive for proactive communication, create a culture of growth, and professionally represent themselves and SCA. The Project Leader position is filled with a diversity of tasks and responsibilities and offers a great opportunity to highly motivated candidates who are looking for an engaging and challenging atmosphere.
Specifically, the Project Leader will carry out:
Crew Manager Functions-
• Lead and manage work outcomes and crew dynamics
• Facilitate field team operations: food planning, tools & equipment, vehicles
• Actively handle any behavioral and crew dynamics issues as they arise, in coordination with Program Staff
Technical Advisor Functions-
• Manage the quality & technique of the work performed
• Manage tools and equipment assigned to the team, including maintenance throughout the season
• Promote leadership development within team and evaluate success & potential
Partnership Representative Functions-
• Manage relationship with agency partner
• Work collaboratively with agency on program logistics
• Ensure successful and timely completion of work project
Program Administrator Functions-
• Complete required program reporting and documentation
• Assist Program Staff in budget management and reconciliation
• Assist Program Staff in Corps Member Training held in May
• Ensure compliance with all SCA Risk Management policies & procedures
• Represent SCA in a positive and professional manner
• Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
• Must have ability to legally work in the US
• Must be able to attend mandatory Project Leader training in April
• Current First Aid certification & CPR required by the start of the training, WFR preferred
• Experience working with young adults preferred
• Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening
• Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
• Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
• Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
• Experience in Alaskan environment preferred
Compensation: $600 weekly salary depending on experience & program length
Job Start Date: 4/1/2019
Application Deadline: 3/1/2019
Additional Information: "To Apply: Visit http://thesca.force.com/members to create a profile, complete the basic application and then select the Leader Application when prompted. Please be sure to upload your cover letter, resume and at least two (2) professional references. Once your application is complete, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
View Position Online: https://www.thesca.org/alaska-corps-teams-project-leader
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org"
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)