Director of Trail Solutions
The Director of Trail Solutions is a full-time, salaried exempt position with full profit & loss and operational responsibility for IMBA’s world-wide trail consulting and construction division. As a part of IMBA, Trail Solutions is uniquely positioned to do more than just build trails – it also educates and influences key thought leaders across the spectrum of individual mountain bikers, land managers and advocacy groups. The Trail Solutions Director is responsible for developing and executing on this broad strategy in support of IMBA’s mission to create, enhance and preserve great mountain biking experiences.
- Developing the Trail Solutions business strategy, operating plan and budget.
- Act as the principal project bid officer responding to RFP’s.
- Oversee the project management of mountain bike specific trail developments.
- Cultivate a strong sense of team and cultural identity across a geographically distributed employee and sub-contractor network.
- Forge strong working partnerships with key land management agencies and advocacy groups.
- Attend and present as a subject matter expert at public and industry related forums and events.
- Develop policies and procedures to effectively manage and protect program resources.
- Collaborate with other IMBA program leaders to ensure a coordinated end user service experience.
- Instill a sense of community around the mountain biking experience by delivering trails people love to ride and talk about.
- Proven team leader in a consulting/contracting project management environment.
- Trail construction experience in both wilderness and non-wilderness settings.
- Experience managing budgets in excess of $2M.
- B.A/B.S. degree in related field (e.g., construction management, engineering, business management) or similar combination of advanced knowledge, experiences and education.
- Experience and skill in working with external parties such as land management agencies, elected officials and other land conservation stakeholders.
- Ability to make decisions which includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and judgment
- Experience working, facilitating and communicating in foreign markets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of bicycle and outdoor recreation industries.
- Familiarity with not-for-profit and volunteer organizations.
- Skilled in a variety of office-based software systems (e.g., MS Office, Google Docs).
- Skilled in a variety of consulting/contracting-specific software systems (e.g., GIS, MS Project).
- Clean driving record is record and employment is contingent on passing requirements.
While this position has the potential to be based anywhere, there is a strong desire for it to be in Boulder in order to create a strong connection with IMBA overall.
The successful candidate will be passionate about mountain biking, believe strongly in IMBA’s mission, and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Immediate Supervisor: Dan Brillon, VP of Finance, Administration & Programs
Benefits (subject to change): Health, Dental, SIMPLE IRA, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Leave
Salary: Based on qualifications
Applying: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume together in the same file to email@example.com by Monday December 28.
IMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.