Contact Name: Noah Pollock
Company/Organization/Agency: Northern Forest Canoe Trail
Address: PO Box 565, Waitsfield, VT 05673 United States
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (802) 540-0319
Job Title: Stewardship Internship
Job Description: Help steward a 740-mile waterway that traverses New York, Vermont, Quebec, New Hampshire, and Maine!
Three Stewardship Interns will help complete projects across the Northern Forest Canoe Trail. Interns will work alongside other NFCT staff and volunteers to complete a variety of campsite, river access, and portage trail development and maintenance in throughout the Northern Forest.
Applicants should be at least 19 years of age, have an enthusiasm for physical work and outdoor living, and an interest in obtaining hands-on trail work, leadership, teamwork, and volunteer management skills in preparation for a future career in environmental conservation and related fields.
Learn more and apply at https://www.northernforestcanoetrail.org/stewardship-internships/
• Duration: June 3rd—August 9th
• Field based, full time (40 hours/week)
• $3,000 ($300/week) compensation
• $.545 per mile reimbursement for work related travel in personal vehicles
• Three weeks of training in paddle skills, trail management, leadership, and timber and stone construction techniques
• Interns will be based out of Waitsfield, Vermont.
• Projects will be in New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine
• Academic credit can be arranged
• To build competence in trail work, erosion control, and stewardship techniques
• To complete hands on, meaningful public access improvement projects
• To obtain leadership, teamwork, and volunteer management skills
• To obtain experience that helps prepare interns for a future career in environmental conservation and related fields.
• 19 years of age by the time the internship begins
• Wilderness First Aid Certification before participating in the internship
• Basic knowledge of paddle skills
• Ability to camp out in remote locations
• Enthusiasm for physical work and outdoor living
• Experience working in a group setting
• Solid work ethic
• Valid driver's license
Job Start Date: 6/3/2019
Application Deadline: 3/1/2019
Additional Information: Learn more and download application form at
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)