Contact Name: Lester Kenway
Company/Organization/Agency: Maine Appalachian Trail Club
Address: Maine Trail Crew, Dover-Foxcroft, ME 04426 USA
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (207) 947-2723
Job Title: Maine Trail Crew Assistant Team Leader
Job Description: The Assistant Team Leader will build leadership skills and support outdoor stewardship this summer. The position will provide supervision and training to volunteers on the A.T. in the mountains of Maine. Projects include building stone steps, waterbars and retaining walls. Activities focus on quality trail building, teamwork and learning opportunities. Training will be provided around stone work, rigging systems, other trail work and first aid. Sorry, no pets are allowed.
• One season in an outdoor leadership role
• Interest in building a career in the trail world
• Ability to teach trail skills
• Good health and physical fitness
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record
• Willing to take over a project when the Leader is gone
• Ability to maintain a safe work environment under challenging conditions
• Ability to motivate and work with people of all ages and backgrounds
Job Start Date: 5/18/2019
Application Deadline: 1/31/2019
Additional Information: Pay: $12.00 per hour plus housing and meals. Housing is on an island in Branns Mill Pond, Dover Foxcroft, Maine.
Dates: May 18 – August 24, 2019. Work includes weekends.
Sorry no pets.
To Apply: send your resume, cover letter and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Sent via Professional TrailBuilders Association)